Do you want to taste an excellent pumpkin velouté? It’s an easy, seasonal recipe that the whole family will enjoy. It is also possible to test the recipe below with pumpkins and pumpkins!
Recipe for pumpkin velouté, step by step:
Ingredients for 5 to 6 people: 600 g pumpkin meat, 250 g potatoes, 2 leeks, 50 cl milk, 50 cl chicken stock (or 2 cubes), 20 g margarine or butter, 2 onions, a little salt, pepper and possibly fresh cream, parsley and pumpkin seeds (optional).
1. Cut the pumpkin, remove the seeds and skin. Then cut the pumpkin flesh into small cubes. You can make more than you need: the pumpkin cubes and pumpkin freeze very well and can be used for another recipe.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes as well. Peel and coarsely chop the onions. Remove the dark green from the leek, cut the white into quarters lengthwise and then into small pieces.
3. Then melt the butter in a frying pan. Fry the onion and leek for about 5 minutes, without letting them brown. Then add the pumpkin pieces and potatoes.
4. Heat the milk and pour it into the casserole. Add the hot stock or 50 cl of very hot water and 2 stock cubes. Let it cook in a frying pan for about 45 to 60 minutes.
5. The preparation can be served as is (i.e. in a soup), passed through a vegetable grinder, or finely blended to obtain the famous velouté. Whatever you choose, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper before serving.
6. Present the very hot velouté accompanied by a pot of whipped cream or anyone can use it however they like. Optionally, you can also sprinkle the velouté with chopped parsley or pumpkin seeds when serving. Tastes good !